The video below gives you an idea what it is like to be a therapy animal team with Pet Partners.
To begin the process to become a therapy animal team with Pet Partners you must first set up an account at the Pet Partners site. Creating an account will allow you access to the calendar to sign up for a handler’s class, or to access the online handler’s class. You may also sign up for a team evaluation once you have completed the handler’s course in person or online.
Below is a video link on how to SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT on the Pet Partner site.
If you have any difficulties registering, refer to the login FAQ for suggestions.
NEXT EVALUATION IN MANASSAS, VIRGINIA IS DECEMBER 5, 2015
TO SCHEDULE AN EVALUATION:
1. Go to www.petpartners.org and LOG IN.
2. Once in the VOLUNTEER CENTER click on Go to My Registrations
3. Then go to "Resume My Registration" (assuming that you have already began the registration)
4. Click on TEAM EVALUATION and then SCHEDULE AN EVALUATION
5. When you are redirected to another page, click on the tab REGISTER FOR COURSES OR SIGN UP FOR AN EVALUATION
6. On the left of the next page, click on BY LOCATION
7. Then scroll down to VIRGINIA, scroll to the and select the location and evaluation date on the left, that you are interested in..
8. Click REGISTER
RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION:
Once you are registered on the website, you are ready to RENEW your registration and schedule your evaluation.
Go to the Pet Partners website and click LOG IN.
Once in the VOLUNTEER CENTER, navigate to MY REGISTRATIONS.
Find the registration you wish to renew. Click on the "+" sign to expand the registration. Under that registration name you will see a link to renew. If you have already started the renewal process click the "IN PROGRESS +" link next to the applicable "team" name.
Scroll down to the checklist that begins with VOLUNTEER INFORMATION and continue through each section by clicking NEXT STEP or click on the RESUME YOUR RENEWAL link, clicking on the section you want to complete. You can partially complete the checklist and upload the required documents as they are completed.